First Congressional District
First elected in 2018, Congressman Bryan Steil represents Wisconsin’s First Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.
Prior to being elected to Congress, Bryan spent a decade working in the manufacturing industry where he saw firsthand how burdensome federal regulations and red tape can hinder economic growth and job creation in Southeastern Wisconsin.
In 2016, Bryan was appointed and unanimously confirmed to serve on the University of Wisconsin Board of Regents. As a Regent, he addressed the needs of students while overseeing the 26 UW system campuses, their 170,000 students, and a six billion dollar budget. Bryan supported initiatives that froze tuition and increased access to quality, affordable education.
Bryan received a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Georgetown University and a Juris Doctorate from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Bryan serves on the House Financial Services Committee. He sits on the Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance, the Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations, and the Subcommittee on Diversity and Inclusion.
Born and raised in Janesville, Bryan graduated from Craig High School and is a member of St. John Vianney Parish in Janesville.
Wisconsin’s First District encompasses all of Walworth, Kenosha, and Racine Counties, and extends west to include portions of Rock County and extends north to include parts of southern Waukesha and Milwaukee Counties. The First District is home to a vibrant, diverse economy and continues to attract new companies and industries to the I-94 corridor.
- Racine County
- Milwaukee County
- Kenosha County
- Waukesha County
- Walworth County
- Rock County
116th Congressional Caucuses
- Co-Chair of the Middle Class Jobs Caucus
- Co-Chair of the Future of Work Caucus
- Freshmen Working Group on Addiction
- Congressional National Guard and Reservists Caucus
- Congressional Friends of Ireland Caucus
- Congressional Diabetes Caucus
- Congressional Coalition on Adoption
- Congressional Veterinary Medicine Caucus
- Trauma Informed Care Caucus
- Life Insurance Caucus
- Cranberry Caucus
- Congressional Boating Caucus
- Values Action Team
- Congressional Blockchain Caucus
- Congressional Law Enforcement Caucus
- Lyme Disease Caucus
- Congressional Future Caucus
- Republican Study Committee
- House Government Efficiency Caucus
- Career and Technical Education Caucus
- Congressional German-American Caucus
- Congressional Nursing Caucus
- Congressional Alzheimer's Task Force
- Roosevelt Conservation Caucus
- Congressional Hungarian Caucus
- Congressional Sportsmen's Caucus
- Friends of Sweden Caucus
- Congressional Suburban Caucus