Live Candidates Forum for 21st Senate District Race Set for May 24
Patch, with a couple of our media partners, are hosting, broadcasting and streaming live a candidate forum for the recall election in the 21st Senate District. We have a May 24 date at Mount Pleasant Village Hall. Will you join us?
State Sen. Van Wanggaard and former state Sen. John Lehman have both agreed to participate in a live candidates forum for therecall election in the 21st Senate District.
WGTD will broadcast the forum live on 91.1FM.
Lehman came out the winner of the May 8 recall primary against Tamra Varebrook, the "protest" candidate tapped by the Republican Party of Wisconsin.
Our moderator for the evening will be Patch Regional Editor Mark Maley, and our timekeeper will be Bob Haggarty, president of Haggarty Insurance and Financial Services in Kenosha.
The format will go as follows:
- 90-minutes, from 7 to 8:30 pm
- Candidates will each have two (2) minute introductions
- Six (6) questions prepared by Patch and WGTD
- Candidates will alternate answering questions with three (3) minutes for their primary answer
- Each candidate will get an additional minute for rebuttal and response
- Upon entering the auditorium, audience members will be asked to write questions on notecards, which will be delivered to the moderator
- Moderator will choose four (4) questions that are different than what has already been asked
- Candidates will each have three (3) minutes to answer, again alternating who answers first
- There will not be rebuttals during this portion of the forum
- Candidates will each have two (2) minute conclusions
We hope to see you there.