In Case You Missed It: Six Weeks From Election Day, Walker Has The Momentum
Walker Leads By 9 in New Poll Showing Huge Leads Outstate
Wauwatosa – Keith Gilkes, campaign manager for Scott Walker, released the following statement on Scott Walker’s continued momentum:
“It is clear voters from across Wisconsin are lining up behind Scott Walker,” said Gilkes. “As we get closer to Election Day, it is becoming ever more apparent that voters are rejecting a third term of Jim Doyle's policies.”
Democratic Pollster Public Policy Polling
Included in today’s poll:
• Walker leads Barrett 50% to 41%.
• Scott Walker leads Barrett by 17 points in northern Wisconsin and by 18 points in the Green Bay area.
• Independents have a mostly favorable opinion of Scott Walker and a mostly unfavorable opinion of Tom Barrett. In a head to head matchup, Walker has a 12-point lead with Independents.
See the full results here: http://bit.ly/bHTPck
Independent Pollster Rasmussen Reports
• Walker’s favorability ratings still the highest of any candidate: 58%-36% (+22). Barrett viewed favorably by 52%, unfavorably by 43% (+9).
• Walker clearly has the full support of conservatives following the primary. He is viewed favorably by 94% of Republicans (69% view him “very favorably”) and 87% of conservatives (61% view him “very favorably”).
• Walker is still viewed most favorably by independents (Walker is +33, Barrett is even) and in a head to head matchup, Walker leads Barrett among independents by 25 points.
See the full results here: http://bit.ly/doX6t2
“Democratic strategists are awfully glum about Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett's chances in a state they had very high hopes for several months ago.Milwaukee County Executive Scott Walker (R) survived the primary and looks like a slight favorite to flip this statehouse red.”
Paid for by Friends of Scott Walker, John Hiller, Treasurer