Republican Party Endorses Scott Walker with 91.3% of the Vote Embraced by Conservative Activists from Across Wisconsin
Wauwatosa – Today, Scott Walker, Milwaukee County executive and candidate for governor was endorsed by the Republican Party of Wisconsin, adding to the groundswell of support for Scott by leaders from across Wisconsin.
On the heels of similar reports of resurgent victories for conservative candidates in Utah, Kentucky, and Florida primaries, Walker’s resounding success places him well on the path to victory in November.
“Scott is truly the only candidate with a record of actually getting in the trenches and fighting to keep spending and taxes low,” said Bill Feehan, asmall business owner and delegate from La Crosse County.
“I’m honored to receive the endorsement of the Republican Party of Wisconsin,” said Walker. “In 2002, when greedy politicians were walking away with millions in taxpayer money, I joined with grassroots activists to take back our government. Since then, we’ve introduced eight consecutive budgets without a tax levy increase from the previous year while cutting our debt by 10% and reducing our workforce by 20%. Today, our state faces a similar crisis, with taxing and spending spiraling out of control, and activists from across our state are together to take back our government, and get Wisconsin back to work.”
“Scott Walker is the candidate we have been demanding at TEA parties for months now," added Dona Poelman, a TEA party activist and delegate from Racine County. "It’s phenomenal to finally have a candidate that will fight on behalf of the whole state for responsible government, lower taxes, and lower spending.”
“In all my years coming to events like this, I have never seen a year like this or a candidate like Scott,” concluded Joyce Bant, a community activist and delegate from Oneida County. “People across this state are united and determined to make sure Scott Walker is our next governor.”
Walker concluded “This vote brings us one giant step closer to taking back our government in November. Clearly our message of lower taxes, less government, and more personal freedoms has resonated with the taxpayers and families from across Wisconsin – the people who will carry us to victory.”
The landslide victory at this year’s convention marks a year’s worth of votes by grassroots leaders across the state who reaffirmed their commitment to Scott Walker’s proven leadership and principles.
A YEAR OF GRASSROOTS SUCCESS:
- Small donations from everyday people (2009)
- 29,078 donations from all seventy-two counties
- 73% of donations for $50 or less
- $502,690 raised online
- Supported by leaders statewide
- 80% of current Republican state legislators
- All seven past chairmen of the Republican Party of Wisconsin
- Congressman Tom Petri
- Former Ambassador, Congressman and gubernatorial candidate Mark Green
- Overpowering support from the people who make the phone calls, knock on the doors, and help to get their friends and neighbors to the polls
- First District Fall Fest – 95.4% of the vote
- Third Congressional District Caucus – 86% of the vote
- Fourth Congressional District Caucus – 91% of the vote
- Fifth Congressional District Caucus - 97% of the vote
- Rock-Walworth Joint Event – 95% of the vote
- Waupaca Event (8th CD) – 92% of the vote
- Kenosha County Event – 83% of the vote
Follow the Scott Walker Press Office on Twitter: @scottwalkerhq
Follow Scott Walker on Twitter: @scottkwalker
Paid for by Friends of Scott Walker, John Hiller, Treasurer